1. Sign into Google Search Console with your Google Account - https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en
2. Click the Add Property button, and type the URL of the site you want to add. Make sure you type the entire URL, such as http://www.example.com/
3. Click Continue. The Site verification page opens.
4. Click the "Alternate Methods" tab
5. Select "HTML tag"
6. Copy the code in the box should be similar to <meta name="google-site-verification" content="QNWSnGXU6XpzMlXM5E0Ky54WiT0OzrkX4uBurgjPoD8" /> (do not use the code from this tutorial, use the code from your Google console)
7. Open your website in another tab or window and login to your admin
8. You'll need to paste your code into the Setting of your website admin via Prefferences->Settings->Meta Data/General
9. Paste the code into the General Meta Tags Section below the other entries and click "Update"
10. Go back to Google Search Console page and click verify to complete the process.
If you have any problems contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you find the issue.